Four men have been confirmed dead after they were electrocuted in an unfortunate accident that occurred from a scaffold touching power lines.
According to an eyewitness, the victims which include a carpenter, a father and his son and one other –were said to have raised a scaffolding pole to begin work on a three-storey building.
The incident which occurred Sunday at Anwomaso Bebre near Ejisu in the Ashanti Region has put the entire community in a devastating state, Assembleman for the area, Hon Frank Frimpong has said.
“I got the information around 5:30 pm. So I quickly called the police and the fire service to the scene. We later gathered that the victims were fixing a net at the top floor of the building and so in an attempt to move the metal there was a contact with power lines and that led to the electrocution”, Frank narrated.
He continued, “So I called the police and the fire service to the scene. Some ECG officials also came to disconnect power supply to enable us convey the bodies to the morgue. It was a horrifying scene if you ask me”
Frimpong said three of the victims have been identified by their families. He added the police have officially taken statements from witnesses as part of their investigations.
The bodies of the victims have been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for preservation, the Assemblyman indicated.